To ensure that your holidays at Casa Opala will be very enjoyable, we inform you about the following:
1. Rental type: The town house is rented on a seasonal basis and for holiday purposes only.
2. Arrival and departure: Check in time is from 15h30 (3.30 pm) on the day of your arrival, this to ensure that Casa Opala is clean and ready to welcome you. Checkout time before 11h00 (11 am) on the day of your departure The dates of your stay, stated at the end of the terms and conditions, cannot be changed without our prior written agreement.
3. Maximum occupancy: 4 Adults.
For security reasons we can not allow more guests nor visitors
4. Payment: Payment: to secure your booking, a non- refundable 30% deposit has to be paid directly. The total balance has to be paid within 6 weeks prior to the arrival date; if not, we have to cancel your booking. In that case we will try to re- let the house to other guests and hopefully refund your deposit as described below.
5. Cancellation by us: In case of cancellation by us, because of “Force majeure”, we refund 100% of payments made.
6. Cancellation by you: you may cancel your booking at any time and for any reason, but the amount of refund depends on the fact if we can re-let the house for the same number of days and for the same rate. So if you have to cancel, do this as soon as possible. Refund can thus be vary from 100% of the deposit (minus €100,- reservation fee) to no refund at all.
7. Damage deposit: Damage deposit: a €350,- deposit should be paid by bank transfer before the date of your arrival. This amount is 100% refundable given that; all the terms and conditions have been respected. The house and contents are left in good order, clean and without any damage beyond normal wear and tear. In case of damage you agree to reimburse the actual cost arising from special clean-up, missing items, repairs and replacements.
8. General conditions:
We are responsible to make sure our house meets all normal standards of comfort and is clean when you arrive. Note however that this is an old house that has been renovated, and therefore is not equipped for the elderly and people with limited mobility. Also modern child safety features could not be implemented.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that statements, descriptions and particulars of the house are accurate and that it will be available to you as arranged, we will not be liable if it does not meet your requirements. Prior to concluding this contract you must ensure that the property is entirely suitable for all members of your party.
- Bed linen and towels are provided inclusive beach towels.
- For rentals in the colder/warmer months and/or when heating/airco is used, electricity is charged in addition to the rental cost, based on the metered electricity usage, at the currant market price.
- Please let us know promptly if there are any electrical, mechanical, plumbing or other problems with the house. We will make sure to quickly solve any problem.
- Please allow us to carry out any repairs which may appear urgent or necessary during your stay. You can not claim any indemnity or reduction in rent due to this.
- We count on you considering the clean and well maintained condition of Casa Opala at all times and prevent any problems for the neighbours (noise, parties, loud music, meetings, over-occupancy etc…). Please do not modify in any way the house or the lay-out of the furniture.
- It is understood that, during your stay, we accept no responsibility for personal injury to occupants, loss off, damage to the property or for other matters over which we have no control. We expressly point out that the different facilities e.g. swimming pool, kitchen, terraces, stairs, etc, are to be used at your own risk. Children must be supervised by their parents or who ever is responsible for them.
- It is not allowed to smoke or bring pets inside the house.
- It is not allowed to sub-let the house to anybody else, even free of charge.
- No outdoor footwear anywhere in the house except the entrance hall. Please bring Flip Flops or house shoes for indoor.
- Keep the outside/front door always closed. Olhão is a save place, but petty crime exists. Do not encourage it by leaving the outside/front door open.
- No glass ate allowed on the terrace by the swimming pool, for obvious reasons. There is plastic cups in the kitchen.
- You must take a shower before using the pool, to keep the water clean from sunbathing oil etc.
- No food in the bedrooms, in this climate, crawling and flying bugs must be discouraged at al times.
- Always use the appropriate towels (Haman) for the beach, the light green towels are for the sun beds and when sunbathing on the roof terrace. This is because sunscreen stains! Therefor please make sure to cover all sun beds, lounge area mattresses with light green towels only, as stained white bath towels, pillow cases and sheets will have to be replaced, with the replacement costs coming from your deposit.
Replacement costs for linnen are: – Duvet cover € 50
- Large sheet
- Pillow case
- Large towel (70×140) € 15
- Small towel €10
- Terrace cushion cover € 35
9. Duration of stay: We expect you to leave on the date and time agreed below.
Penalty and legal measures apply if this would not be the case.
10. Special requests: Must be made by email. Confirmation and costs of special requests will be confirmed by email in return.
11. Information and emergency: See leaflet with emergency numbers in the house.
€ 20 € 10 € 35
12. Confirmation: Hereby i confirm and agree that i read and respect the terms & conditions on page page 1 till 3 of the rental agreement of Casa Opala Rentals .
Your responsibility is not limited to the damage deposit amount. If paid by bank transfer, the deposit will be refunded by bank transfer within the 7 working days following your departure.