We value the protection of personal details and believe the handling of such information is of great importance.
Processing of Personal Details
Casa Opala has developed a booking platform for clientele to discover and book beautiful accommodations in Portugal. In order to realise this, a client’s personal details will be processed when said client has used Casa Opala’s services and/or when said client has provided personal information directly. Casa Opala handles personal information to improve its services and to process any possible legal obligations.
Depending on the services and functionalities, Casa Opala may control the following personal information:
- Contact and address details (e.g. name, address, residency, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, and gender)
- Financial information (e.g. IBAN number, credit card details, invoices, and payment method)
- Information concerning personal preferences (e.g. destinations, facilities, and travel dates)
- The content of written or verbal messages resulting from contacting Casa Opala by e-mail, phone, social media, or an alternative means of communication
- All other personal information provided, voluntarily or by request
Casa Opala operates personal information in order to:
- execute services, such as processing, completing, modifying and/or cancelling a reservation
- contact the client
- send billing information
- improve customer services
- enhance the operation and/or contents of the website
- provide the opportunity to safely create an account on the website
- update the client about interesting developments and services
Casa Opala will not sell personal information of any sorts to a third party. When handling personal information, Casa Opala may employ the services of a third party, commissioned by Casa Opala, to process the information. In such instances, Casa Opala will make sure the third party handles the information in a manner that is secure and will uphold the law.
Casa Opala provides the accommodation with necessary information to ensure that the services will be provided satisfactorily, and to allow for the completion or possible alteration or cancellation of a reservation at the involved accommodation.
In the case that a client is under the age of sixteen years, personal details will only be processed with permission of a parent or legal guardian.
Casa Opala values the protection of personal information and takes precautionary care to prevent any misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized change. When the client feels that this is not the case, or if the client notices any indiscretion, he should contact Casa Opala at email@example.com.
Casa Opala will save your personal details for no longer than needed to fulfill the purpose of said details. If there is a legal basis for the processing of personal data, the legal retention periods will be reviewed.
Reviewing, Adjusting or Deleting Data
The client has the right to review, adjust, or delete his personal information. In addition, the client will have the right to request his personal information, to revoke his consent to data processing and/or to object against the method of data processing by Casa Opala. The client may also contact Casa Opala about his personal details that Casa Opala may possess, and to request to receive said details or to forward them to an organization specified by the client.
To ensure that it is legitimately the client who is requesting personal information, Casa Opala requires to receive a government issued photo identification document (ID) along with the request. Please make sure to blacken the photograph, MRZ (Machine Readable Zone), passport number and citizen service number, in order to preserve privacy. Casa Opala will reply as soon as possible, within four weeks at the latest.
Casa Opala may use the following cookies:
- Functional and technical cookies
Functional and technical cookies are crucial and preferential to the functioning of the website and to enhance user friendliness.
- Analytical cookies https://www.casaopala.com uses analytical cookies, placed by Google Analytics, to examine the number of visitors to the website, and its most popular pages.
- Advertising cookies
Advertising cookies are used to review how often a client has seen an advertisement and to provide the client with relevant advertisements.
- Social media cookies
Social media cookies make it possible to share information from Casa Opala’s website on social media.
- Functional and technical cookies
Cookies wil not save information such as e-mail addresses, but they do process IP-addresses. If a website viewer wishes to not have cookies saved on his computer, or wishes to delete cookies, he can do so in the settings of his internet browser.
Casa Opala hopes that this policy is clear and comprehensive. In case any questions may arise, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
GEWOON Property management LDA
Rua Gonçalo Velho nº67
Registo comercial: 0474-7272-0110