1. Rental type: Casa Opala’s properties are rented for holiday purposes only.
2. Arrival and departure: Check in time is from 15h30 (3.30 pm) on the day of your arrival, this to ensure that the house is clean and ready to welcome you. Checkout time before 11h00 (11 am) on the day of your departure. Access through the front door by a digital key pad. (We will share the code when you arrive.) The dates of your stay, stated at the end of the terms and conditions, cannot be changed without our prior written agreement.
3. Maximum occupancy: 4 Persons per stay. For security reasons we can not allow more guests or visitors.
4. Payment: Payment: to secure your booking, a non- refundable 30% deposit has to be paid directly. The total balance has to be paid within 6 weeks prior to the arrival date; if not, we have to cancel your booking. In that case we will try to re- let the house to other guests and hopefully refund your deposit as described below.
4.1 Cancellation by us: In case of cancellation by us, because of “Force majeure”, we refund 100% of payments made.
4.2. Cancellation by you: In case of cancellation more than 6 weeks before the start of the stay, 50% of the deposit will be returned (minus €100,- reservation fee). No refund will be made for a cancellation within the 6-week period. We therefore recommend cancellation insurance.
5. Damage deposit: 350,- deposit should be paid by bank transfer 6 weeks before arrival. This amount is refundable under the condition that all the terms and conditions have been respected. The house and contents are left in good order, clean and without any damage beyond normal wear and tear. In case of damage you agree to reimburse the actual cost arising from special clean-up, missing items, repairs and replacements.
Your responsibility is not limited to the damage deposit amount.
The deposit has to be paid by bank transfer, the deposit will be refunded by bank transfer within 7 working days following your departure. Please provide us your IBAN and bankdetails for the transfer. After receiving the credit invoice for the deposit please sign this invoice and email it back to us for confirmation.
5.1 SEF registration (Foreign Police) we require a legible copies of passports or ID’s of all guests before arrival.
6. General conditions:
We are responsible to make sure the property meets all normal standards of comfort and is clean when you arrive. Note however that this is an old house that has been renovated, and therefore is not equipped for the elderly and people with limited mobility. Also modern child safety features could not be implemented.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that statements, descriptions and particulars of the house are accurate and that it will be available to you as arranged, we will not be liable if it does not meet your requirements. Prior to concluding this contract you must ensure that the property is entirely suitable for all members of your party.
- Bed linen and towels are provided inclusive beach towels.
- Bed linen and towels are provided inclusive beach towels.
- During the rental period there is an additional charge to the rental cost of € 30,- per week for the use of electricity.
- Please let us know promptly if there are any electrical, mechanical, plumbing or other problems with the house. We will make sure to quickly solve any problem.
- Please allow us to carry out any repairs which may appear urgent or necessary during your stay. You can not claim any indemnity or reduction in rent due to this.
- We expect you to maintain and clean the property as meeting normal requirements at all times and prevent any problems for the neighbours (No noise, parties, loud music, meetings, over-occupancy etc…). Please do not modify in any way the house or the lay-out of the furniture.
- We do not accept any responsibility for personal injury to occupants, loss off personal belonings, We expressly point out that all the facilities e.g. swimming pool, kitchen, terraces, stairs, etc, are to be used at your own risk. Children must be supervised by their parents or who ever is responsible for them.
- It is not allowed to smoke inside and outside on the terraces of the house.
- It is not allowed to bring pets into the house.
- It is not allowed to sub-let the house to anybody else, even free of charge.
- No outdoor footwear anywhere in the house except the entrance hall. Please bring Flip Flops or house shoes for indoor use.
- Keep the outside/front door always closed. Olhão is a save place, but petty crime exists. Do not encourage it by leaving the outside/front door open.
- No glasses are allowed on the terrace by the swimming pool, for safety reasons. There are plastic cups in the kitchen.
- You must take a shower before using the pool, to keep the water clean from sunbathing oil, body lotion etc.
- No food in the bedrooms, in this climate, crawling and flying bugs must be discouraged at all times.
- Always use the appropriate towels (grey hamman) for the beach, the light green towels are only for sunbathing on the roof terrace. This is because sunscreen stains! Therefor please make sure to cover all sun beds, lounge area mattresses with light green towels only, as stained white bath towels, pillow cases and sheets will have to be replaced, with the replacement costs coming from your deposit.
Replacement costs for linnen are starting from:
- Duvet cover €50
- Large sheet € 35
- Pillow case € 15
- Bedspread € 35
- Large towel (70×140) € 20
- Small towel €15
- Terrace cushion cover € 35
7. Duration of stay: We expect you to leave on the date and time stipulated. Penalty and legal measures apply if this would not be the case.
At the end of your stay, please ensure that the house is in the same condition as you found it on arrival and that all items borrowed have been returned; in particular, the kitchen should be left clean and tidy, dishes and glasses cleaned and put away, bins empty (please recycle much as possible), leftover food will be donated to needy elderly people. Any wet or damp towels should be hanged up in the bathrooms and not left on beds or floor!
8. Special requests: Must be made by email beforehand. Confirmation and costs of special requests will be confirmed by email in return.